The body, through the immune system, protects the body from germs and microorganisms. That is why it is important to reinforce it, especially for older adults, whose immune system is aging. And people with basic pathologies that promote deterioration, such as diabetics or kidney disease.
Natural products to raise the defenses and their effectiveness
Our body has a natural defense mechanism, which reacts against any “foreign” aggressor that tries to harm, weaken, or make it sick, called the immune system. However, certain factors can reduce these natural defenses such as stress, inadequate nutrition, lack of sleep, or that we are still recovering from an illness.
Especially in winter and with seasonal changes, such as autumn or spring, in which the instability of the climate and greater school and work intensity is added, it is necessary to strengthen the immune system.
This can be achieved naturally. Over the years, different studies have been carried out that prove the effectiveness of some natural remedies to strengthen the immune system. Such is the case of Vitamin C or medicinal mushrooms, which are increasingly implanted in the West and with surprising results.
Here we are going to discuss eight of the best natural ways to boost your immune system and fight ailments:
1. Exercise: Exercising in moderation for 30 to 60 minutes almost every day improves immunity and helps manage stress.
2. Food: Maintaining a healthy and balanced diet, such as the Mediterranean is vital to keep the immune system reinforced. This diet is rich in vegetables, fruits, and whole grains.
Also, in healthy fats which are found in foods, like fatty fish (rich in Omega 3), nuts, and olive oil. This type of food is high in nutrients, such as vitamin C, zinc, and other antioxidants, which help reduce inflammation and fight infections. Red meats should also be limited and specially processed and fried foods.
3. Fermented foods: such as yogurt should be included in the daily diet, as they are probiotics that help build good bacteria in the intestine. That stimulates the immune system and promotes a healthy intestine and healthy digestion.
4. Manage anxiety and stress: If they are in chronic form, they create stress hormones, that defeat the immune system and favoring infections.
5. Get enough sleep: When deprived of sleep, the body produces cortisol to stay awake and alert. This hormone suppresses the response of the immune system. Having a good night’s sleep and getting enough sleep will naturally strengthen the immune system.
6. Supplementation with vitamins and minerals: It is important to evaluate the levels of some minerals and vitamins, such as D and B12, zinc, and iron. The deficit of these elements affects the immune system, which favors infections.
7. Do not smoke and drink alcohol in moderation
8. Hydrate properly
As we have seen, there are different natural ways to strengthen the immune system. And thus, ensure that our defenses are prepared to fight viruses, bacteria, and ailments.
Remember also that a healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables, as well as the practice of sports and good habits, contribute significantly to a healthy body capable of facing the greatest challenges.